Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi's Distressed Debt business engages in the trading of stressed and distressed bonds, bank debt, CDS and trade claims (among other products). The desk trades with a large range of institutional customers including, but not limited to, Hedged Funds, Mutual Funds, ETFs and Private Equity Funds. Citi is one of the top Distressed Debt platforms on the street with a consistent top tier ranking from Greenwich, the main survey for Distressed Debt desks.
* Fundamental research, including understanding of legal documents and bankruptcy process
* Interfacing on a daily basis with salespeople and customers
* Generating trade ideas
* Generating positive P&L
* Strong understanding of credit fundamentals
* Legal Background/interest helpful
* Understanding of Leveraged Finance Markets
* At least 2 years of relevant work experience in Markets, CMO or CIB.
* Strong background in fundamental credit skills and document analysis
* Team-oriented: work hand in hand with salespeople, traders and clients
* Strong verbal communication skills in interacting with internal and external stakeholders
* Attention to detail
* Resilient: Markets can be extremely challenging, must be able to handle the volatility as well as the wins and losses with an even hand
* Bachelor's degree required
* Applicable licenses: Series 7 and 63