CLIENT REFERENCE CODE: ******
Employer Networks is looking for passionate, talented and driven individuals with an eagerness to join the best and most dedicated in gathering, producing and delivering live sporting events and ancillary programming. Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant and timely information about the teams they love.
WHAT IS EMPLOYER NETWORKS: Employer Networks is a growing organization, home of 27 Local News Channels nationwide and 9 Local/Regional Sports Channels, inclusive of 3 Los Angeles based Sports Networks. Employer Networks is the news and sports division of Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR), the leading broadband communications company and the second-largest cable operator in the United States.
THE EMPLOYER SPORTS ENVIRONMENT: Employer Sports employs the industries best sports TV makers and technological innovators. Employees are required to be flexible and available to work various shifts throughout the day, including mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays as we strives to connect viewers to their home teams.Employer Sports broadcast live sporting events for various professional, collegiate and high school sports teams most notably the Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy, Sparks, WCC and CIF State Championships in the Los Angeles area.
EMPLOYER NETWORKS EMPLOYEES: arepassionate and driven, and can thrive in a competitive, fast-paced and fiercely accurate sports reporting environment. They are creative and/or highly technical with a desire to leverage their knowledge, skills and abilities to share team stories with depth and access. They are nimble and learn quickly, enabling themselves to pivot when new information is acquired within an ever-changing environment. They are team players with positive attitudes and strong interpersonal skills. They have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Employer Sports is looking for a talented Freelancer that is passionate about creating sports television. The Studio Operations Tech will support live and taped studio based programming part-time by operating in a variety of technical roles. The ideal candidate has basketball, baseball, and soccer knowledge. Experience working in a technical, live environment is required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Displays proficient technical skills across multiple key operating positions while adhering to high production standards.
* Supports Director and Technical Directors during live and pre-taped productions originating from the broadcast facility.
* Acts professionally and as a positive force in the team environment.
* Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS/ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE
OPERATIONS (TACTICAL RESPONSIBILITIES)
* Capable of operating technical positions such as: Video Shading, Audio, Audio Assist, Playback, Replay, Chyron, Lighting Consoles, Camera and Robotic Camera positions during live events and/or studio productions as requested.
* Other technical duties and assignments as assigned.
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Knowledge of television production equipment and software is required.
* Knowledge of studio-based production and post production techniques required.
* Understanding of technical workflows is required.
* Positive, collaborative and unselfish interpersonal skills with strong verbal, written communication skills, including the ability to effectively convey requests and ideas to editors, graphic and audio designers, talent, etc., are required.
SKILLS/ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE
* Familiarity working with Dalet production workflow is a plus.
* Must be willing and able to learn, understand, and grow with the business.
* Bachelors degree, 3-5 years practical training and experience in sports TV production and strong sports knowledge is preferred however the right combination of these will be considered.
* Team-oriented in a highly collaborative environment.
* Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
* Flexible during times of change.
* Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
* Able to execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Proficiency in Word & Excel with basic math skills.
* Familiarity with graphics & editing programs is a plus.
* Proficiency in Spanish and English is a plus.
* Good organizational and project coordination skills are necessary, including the ability to compile materials. Good problem solving skills and the ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities and time constraints.
* Willingness to work nights, weekends, flexible hours, work on location, etc.
* College diploma or university degree in the field of Communications, Broadcasting, Radio/TV/Film, Engineering and/or a minimum 3-5 years equivalent work experience.
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
3-5 years equivalent work experience
* Travel depending upon project needs
* Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
* Overtime may be required to meet deadlines.
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
* This is an office environment, however, the candidate may be requested to work outside of the office at times.
EMPLOYER NETWORKS believes every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication, openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn and grow, and an overall positive attitude. Roles may require the following:
* Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time
* Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
* Varying schedule as a result of changing production, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
* Dexterity of hands, fingers to operate computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other compute components
* Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and loss of staff members
* Participate in an established on-call rotation
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds at varying distances
* May require trips out of state
JOB CODE : TWCNOP220 Operator 1, Programming Ops Nonexempt
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?