Job Title: Executive Producer of External Development, Indie Games
Division: FoxNext Games
Location: Los Angeles, California
FoxNext Games is seeking an Executive Director of Indie Games External Development to kick-off and manage the independent games business within FoxNext's External Development team.
This person will have considerable experience working in the videogames space demonstrating success launching and managing successful games with a primary focus on independent games. The candidate requires a deep understanding of game design and development across multiple genres and platforms.
The person must be creatively driven, possess great ideas and be commercially savvy. The successful candidate will source and work closely with partners, overseeing the development and production of new independent games developed for worldwide release.
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of virtual and augmented reality, mobile, console and pc games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. FoxNext Games has a successful track record identifying exceptional games and publishing partners across the mobile and console/PC space, such as Marvel Strike Force, Animation Throwdown: The Quest for Cards, The Simpsons Tapped Out, Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff, Ice Age Adventures, Sugar Smash: Book of Life and Alien: Isolation.
This position reports to the Vice President of External Development, and will be responsible for identifying, executing and supporting strategic independent games partnerships and development/publishing relationships in the independent games space. This position will play a key role in establishing Fox's business in independent gaming by driving innovation and leveraging Fox's marketing network.
• Oversee creative, product goal and operations for FoxNext Games' independent games slate.
• Drive the completion of project goals and facilitate communications, organization, and accountability across all departments
• Perform rigorous due diligence on potential partners to anticipate potential risks and mitigate against them
• Regular build feedback check-ins at various stages of the game, drive greenlight meetings so key stakeholders understand status and progress at key milestones
• Expand the scope of FoxNext Games' activity in the space to new game genres and platforms
• Possesses great design ideas to help maximize user engagement
• Objectively evaluate games from a commercial and critical focus.
• Drive project kick-off and project assignments; ensure teams are setup for success
• Team Player to other Producers and Associate Producers to assist in solving higher level complex project management issues.
• Professional Problem Solver. Identify and fix bottlenecks, as well as clearing roadblocks both on the day-to-day and in the longer term.
• Cheerlead. Provide motivation, direction, and improve best practices
• Assist with recruiting and interviewing candidates for positions in product development where needed.
• Work with stakeholders across the company to align our knowledge of and approach to the independent games space
• Work with Legal regarding contract execution and rights issues
• Monitor and keep team informed of game industry trends as well as trends across the independent games market
• A strong technology, gaming, and indie affiliation - we need you to have direct experience in the games space, a robust network of contacts, a genuine passion, and to be as addicted to games as we are
• Strong knowledge and demonstrated ability to comprehend and structure complex deals and partnerships
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively as a mediator between all development disciplines, as well as with upper management.
• Demonstrated ability to self-prioritize and execute with minimal supervision, while also leading by example.
• Proven experience managing schedules and requirements to implement desired features.
• Unrelenting self-motivation, positive attitude, and initiative.
• Proven conflict management and evaluation, mitigation and risk resolution.
• Deep knowledge about the game development process and industry trends at large.
• Excellent MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Strong knowledge of independent gaming, apps, social media, digital eco-system, current trends, and key players a must
• Undergraduate degree in gaming, production, marketing or related field preferred but not essential
• Passion for the independent gaming space and games with a deep understanding of the global games industry. You must be an active gamer
• 10 years of experience in game production, development and management, with at least 4 years in independent gaming
• A practical understanding of all phases of development: concept, pre-production, production and post-production/live-service with a creative eye able to communicate game ideas and improvements to our partners. Previous project-management skills a plus
• Strong technology understanding with an eye on current trends, innovations and cutting-edge gaming and development
• Experience working in both a publishing and development environment a bonus
• Experienced and comfortable working across multiple divisions within a company
• Must be organized, detail oriented, scrappy and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrative proof of an open-mined, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions
• Experience with Agile methodologies a plus
• You need to live and breathe games!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations.
Contact the Employer
Please tell this employer that you found the listing at EntertainmentCareers.Net
Reference: ECNJOBID-74-120-248-213 in the application.