FOX Sports Ohio (FSOH) is searching for a Manager of Social Media and Communications to join their team in Cleveland. The position is responsible for creating and implementing an integrated and comprehensive social media strategy to strengthen and maintain FOX Sports Ohio's and SportsTime Ohio's (STO's) position as #1 Regional Sports Network among local sports fans. The position is expected to have his/her finger on the pulse of the networks' teams and fans' social conversations, pertinent sports storylines and digital trends to be able to serve as the expert on relevant social media subject matter; identify and create opportunities for engagement; and direct conversations that position the network appropriately on digital mediums. This position is required to support that social strategy by curating and producing engaging content. The role also coordinates efforts with FOX Sports' corporate office and team partners as necessary to maximize the effectiveness and reach of communications strategies and social media platforms.
The overall goal is to develop and drive an integrated and strategic social media plan with the ability to focus on digital video that leverages FSOH and STO's content to better connect with local fans and drive local sports conversation. Other major goals are to utilize social media to drive tune-in to the network's programming, provide customer service, and manage programming conflict communication with viewers. Additional goals include building relationships with team partners and FOX national counterparts to better foster communities and influence conversations around the teams and national properties, encouraging fans to interact, and generally bolstering the overall local sports community through FOX Sports Ohio and SportsTime Ohio.
• Develop social media strategies and tactics to meet the networks' goals and serve as the expert on social media trends and content
• Content creation and curation: work with production and marketing groups in gathering, creating, editing, and posting content to digital and social platforms
• Track digital trends and gather, analyze, and report digital performance analytics to guide social strategy
• Define local and national ad sales social media inventory and assist in execution and reporting of sold elements
• Work with programming and affiliate to utilize social media as the primary platform to communicate with viewers during programming conflicts and provide customer service
• Build and utilize relationships with team partners and national FOX counterparts to focus social media efforts and execute relative social media support
• Oversee network, talent, and programming-related social media accounts
• Minimum of 5 years in digital or social media with established track record of creating and managing social media strategies, content, and campaigns to reach consumers
• Bachelor's Degree in Social Media, Digital Production, Communications, Marketing, or equivalent field
• Extensive knowledge of the local sports community and the ability to foster strong relationships and connections with the fans
• Deep knowledge of best practices in digital and social media
• Keen sense of what makes social media and digital media effective and powerful
• Ability to assess appropriateness of social content within the network brand and social voice
• Thorough knowledge of (but not limited to), Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, HootSuite (or similar), Reddit, user generated content platforms, social analytics tools and reporting
• Fluent understanding of media platforms and the ability to foresee trends and make necessary adjustments
• Dynamic personality and relationship builder to recruit support within FOX Sports Ohio, SportsTime Ohio and team partners
• Strategic and creative thinker that can create integrated social media plans
• Excellent communication, organizational skills, and editorial judgement
• Strong computer and digital video production skills and ability to quickly learn new software
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, & holidays
• Knowledge of graphic design and video editing software (Adobe Photoshop and Premiere, After Effects, Avid)
• Experience posting articles to a website using a CMS is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Sports Networks
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing 21st Century FOX's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing partnerships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Broadcasting Company; FS1, FS2; FOX Sports Regional Networks, their affiliated regional web sites and national programming; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes and FOX College Sports. In addition, FOX Sports also encompasses FOX Sports Digital, which includes FOXSports.com, FOX Sports GO, Whatifsports.com and Yardbarker.com. Also included in the Group are FOX's interests in joint-venture businesses Big Ten Network and BTN 2Go, as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.
**** in the application.