connection to 192.168.30.166:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)connection to 192.168.30.166:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)
Line Producer, Production Management (R10004110)
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
National Geographic The National Geographic Channels form the television and production arm of National Geographic Partners, a joint venture between 21st Century **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. and the National Geographic Society. As a global leader in premium science, adventure and exploration programming, the Channels include: National Geographic Channel (NGC), Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo People and Nat Geo MUNDO. Additionally, the Channels also run the in-house television production unit, National Geographic Studios. The Channels contribute to the National Geographic Society's commitment to exploration, conservation and education with entertaining, innovative programming from A-level talent around the world, and with profits that help support the society's mission. Globally, NGC is available in more than 440 million homes in 171 countries and 45 languages, and Nat Geo WILD is available in 131 countries and 38 languages. National Geographic Partners is also a leader in social media, with a fan base of 250 million people across all of its social pages. NGC contributes over 55 million social media fans globally on Facebook alone. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Line Producer position is responsible for managing and supervising high-end non-scripted programming, scripted-unscripted hybrid series, and feature documentaries produced by third party production companies for National Geographic Channels. This position will work closely with Development and Production teams as well as Executives to achieve highest production value and editorial quality while ensuring productions are delivering on budget and on schedule.
* Responsible for the management and supervision of approximately 20-25 ongoing production projects averaging approximately 100 hours of channel content.
* Oversee and ensure NGC production projects are delivered to budget and contractual requirements. ?Use original programming experience to work closely with internal and external production teams and offer suggestions for more efficient production and post production plans to achieve highest production value.
* Oversee and manage all aspects of union and non-union production processes from development through delivery including talent rates, guild requirements and schedules. Review budgets and schedules, process and track project payments, review cost reports and oversee deliverables management. Work with internal stakeholders to create deliverables schedule that meet multi-platform and global distribution needs.
* Liaise with internal and external stakeholders across National Geographic Partners and National Geographic Society to facilitate asset management and information flow for 360 degree global media rollouts across both entities.
* Ensure NGC's production and technical requirements are met and manage and troubleshoot production issues as they arise including risk management, compliance, background checks, insurance, rights and release issues, etc.
* Foster strong working relationships with production companies and as budgets allow, conduct on site vendor visits to evaluate company capacity, systems and better understand how budgets are being spent.
* Provide daily supervision, management and development for Senior Unit Manager, and partner with for all assigned productions from green light through final payment. Execute performance reviews and any HR related needs.
* Develop and maintain relationships with key production vendors to create cost and workflow efficiencies that could benefit NGC productions. ?Provide ongoing guidance on current market trends and resources.
* 8-10 years of original programming experience in the entertainment market including working on premium union and non-union projects. Predominant expertise in premium non-fiction with union components preferred.
*Prior experience working for a Studio, at a Network, or for a production company producing premium programming. Knowledge of Studio and/or Network deliverables preferred. Knowledge of theatrical deliverables and distribution a plus.
* Experience and knowledge related to scripted & unscripted production workflows including but not limited to union talent, rates and guild requirements as well as residuals and tax credits. ?Experience in overseeing and creating budgets, schedules and cost reports.
* Strong knowledge of production logistics and workflow, industry technology, rights issues, and current industry standard practices.? * A self-starter with the ability to prioritize among multiple concurrent projects and proactively problem-solve across both internal and external stakeholders.
* Excellent written, communication, business analysis and interpersonal skills.? Must be proficient with MS software applications and adapt quickly to learning new technology, software and systems for internal company use.? Working knowledge of Movie Magic preferred.
* Ability to work in a fast paced customer service oriented network environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.