*****LPN's are encouraged to apply******
Summary: The Hyperbaric Tech, under the direction of the Program Director and/or Safety Director of the Hyperbaric Medicine Department, administers hyperbaric oxygen therapy to patients as prescribed by the Hyperbaric Physician.
• Performs duties under supervision of the Program Director, Clinical Coordinator, and/or Safety Director as is appropriate for the facility.
• Is responsible for the safe and effective operation of the hyperbaric chamber(s) and related support systems.
• Is responsible for the safe delivery of hyperbaric oxygen therapy to the hyperbaric patient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists in patient preparation for treatment.
• Reinforces education as it relates to hyperbaric therapy.
• Keeps complete and accurate patient records as they pertain to treatment documentation.
• Performs duties and procedures as directed by Program Director, Medical Director, and in some cases the Clinical Coordinator.
• Performs hyperbaric chamber operations and system maintenance as required.
• Supports clinical hyperbaric facility accreditation.
• Participates in the safety program.
• Maintains competencies, continuing education and certifications as appropriate.
• Utilizing data software for wound management.
• Make appropriate entries for daily hyperbaric treatments and wound care clinic visits including photo uploading.
• Lift patient or transfer.
• Tolerate pressurization and depressurization in a hyperbaric chamber
• Need to be able to hear patients and staff. Also, listen to equipment for malfunctions.
• Dependability and on time
• Customer Service
• Attention to Detail
• Ability to follow through
• Multi-tasking needed
• Safety and Security
• Technical/functional Proficiency
• Technical/functional Knowledge
• Problem solving ability
• Sound judgment
• Good oral skills
• Ability to relax patients
• Good written communication skills
High school diploma or general education degree
• Maintains and demonstrates competency in BLS (Basic Life Support), infections control, safety and all unit required skill review.
• Complete competencies skill checklist
The incumbent in the position will not supervise other employees.
Wound Care Center chamber operators must be actively certified or licensed in one of the following vocations to meet the minimum education and experience requirements.
• Respiratory Therapist
• Corpsman (Military)
• Medical Services Specialist
• Nurse Practitioner
• EMT-Basic or Paramedic
• Registered Nurse, LPN, or LVN
• Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
• Certified or Registered Medical Assistant (CMA or RMA)
• Certified Hyperbaric Technologist (CHT)
• Physical Therapist
• Physical Therapy Assistant
Additionally, each chamber operator attends, or provides verification of attendance to, an Introductory Hyperbaric Training Course as approved by the National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology (NBDHMT) post hire.
4. Language Ability:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
5. Math Ability:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
6. Reasoning Ability:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
7. Computer Skills:
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Word; able to navigate through internet and intranet.
Ability to learn internal clinical outcome database, upload photographs from camera.
8. Work Environment:
The incumbent in this position is not required to work under any extreme condition, but may be required to work around caustic chemicals 1% of the time, and outdoor weather conditions 1% of the time; also must be able to work around a moderate noise level, such as an office environment.
9. Physical Demands:
The incumbent in this position typically has to stand approximately 25% of the time, walk 25% of the time, sit 50% of the time. In addition, the person is using touch or feel 95% of the time, reaches 60% of the time, and stoops, kneels, or crouches 5% of the time. This person may talk or hear 100% of the time.
The Hyperbaric Technician provides a high quality and safe standard for patient care. Communicate with physicians and staff. This position is ultimately responsible for courteous, efficient customer care and safe operations of the Hyperbaric Chambers and supporting equipment.
Website : http://www.healogics.com/
Healogics is driving wound healing and prevention forward to help heal more wounds and change more lives. Our compassionate wound specialists have touched the lives of more than 2 million patients, preserving dignity and restoring hope. The impact of healing wounds through innovative care resonates profoundly through witnessing lives changed and building strong relationships with patients and their families. Advanced Wound Healing Our goal is to raise up wound care leaders through equipping clinicians with the best tools; promoting proven and truly effective healing solutions to those suffering from chronic, non-healing wounds. Training and development are at the core of who we are. We're the experts at sharing best practices which in turn directly contribute to advanced wound healing. Our connected network of trained professionals provides care to millions of patients, but treats each wound with the care and respect deserved.