Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Get real world experience to give you an edge when you take on the working world. The KOMO Sales and Creative Service team, in Seattle, Washington, has an incredible opportunity for an ambitious intern ready for the challenge. See how our team works with amazing brands - KOMO 4 News, Univision, Seattle Refined, Greys Anatomy, The Bachelor and more - to deliver the right audience to our advertisers in multi-platform campaigns and events with television, digital and social media. We are looking for an energetic, take initiative and organized student to assist our marketing team. This is a unique opportunity for a college student aiming for a career in media sales, strategic communications, marketing, or public relations to gain experience with a variety of media professionals including sales, design and editorial.
Goals of Internship:
- Exposure to day-to-day operations of KOMO media; specifically Sales, Seattle Refined, and Creative Services.
- Opportunity to establish relationships with sales, content producer, marketing and social media professionals
- Understanding of sales/client relationships and how to market and sell media including television and a variety of digital solutions.
- Ability to learn promotion and event coordination as it relates to sales and signature community service events.
- Gain marketing experience from idea stage to execution and recap of advertising campaigns.
- Interact with KOMO & KUNSs Production, Creative Services, and Sales Promotion teams including video, digital and presentation messaging.
- Assist in commercial production shoots.
- Assist in promotional events which can include being onsite for the event, helping to pack station vehicles for the event or helping with events at KOMO Plaza.
- Assist in research projects, prepare sales presentations and recaps of station promotions and events.
- Opportunity to research and co-create content with Seattle Refined team.
- Promotions/marketing or career interests or other interest in the Communications, Public Relations or Sales field.
- Responsible, positive attitude, good listener, directed, dependable, self- starter, strong communication, & writing skills.
- Be organized and professional - youll be representing KOMO 4 and your school
- Be able to multi-task and take initiative
- Knowledge of presentation software like powepoint, excel and potential to learn editing software including Final Cut Pro, Avid, Edius and/or a similar operating system.
- Able to commit approximately up to 20 hours a week.
- Minimum 12-16 hours per week with a minimum of 4 hour shift per day.
- This is a paid internship and we prefer you to receive credit toward graduation for hours worked, but this is not required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job ID: 10044
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides sales services to 162 television stations in 79 markets, after pending transactions. Sinclairs television group reaches approximately 37.5% of US television households and includes FOX, ABC, MyTV, CW, CBS, NBC, Univision and Azteca affiliates. In addition, Sinclair owns four radio stations. Contact Info
- Seattle, WA
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
Website : http://www.sbgi.net
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides sales services to 87 television stations in 47 markets. Sinclair's television group reaches approximately 27.1% of US television households and includes FOX, ABC, MyTV, CW, CBS, NBC, MTN and Azteca affiliates. Sinclair, either directly or through its Ventures subsidiary, makes equity investments in strategic companies. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. was founded in 1986, went public in 1995 and is traded on the Nasdaq Exchange under the ticker symbol SBGI.