Turner Broadcasting System, Inc
Associate Producer, CNNPolitics
Washington, United States
Req ID: 163582
CNN Politics is looking for an Associate Producer to join the team!
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
- CNN Politics is looking for a data producer
- The associate producer will be responsible for working closely with the editorial team, designers and editors to create daily data visualization content.
- The preferred candidate likes to tell stories focused on data with a combination of written and visual elements, have a keen eye for detail and are capable of working under tight deadlines and in high-pressure situations.
- A strong interest in politics, data and polling is desirable.
What will you be doing?
- Thinks critically and creatively about news and politics
- Assists with content design and technical implementation and maintenance of aspects of new and existing content for web, mobile, social and apps
- Works with writers, editors and designers to take app editions from idea thru to execution.
- Researches and screens materials, and reviews compliance with legal requirements
- Participates in editing of final product
- Interacts with team members and peers and may interact with external peers to provide semi-routine information related to assigned tasks
The ideal candidate:
- Implements activities that generally support limited parts of the work of department/team/projects
- Demonstrates proficiency in some areas of the professional function including technology, design and/or editorial
- Escalates problems and roadblocks as they occur
- Understands work is subject to regular supervisory review at defined milestones Experience and Education
- Typically has about 1-2 years of progressively related experience
But wait, there's more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Turner's portfolio has more than 100 of the most recognizable brands and compelling content in more than 200 countries, including a blend of entertainment, news, animation, young adult and sports media and multiplatform brand extensions. After more than 45 years since it first took on the broadcasting industry, Turner is still leading change and shaping the entertainment landscape to create engaging content and experiences for consumers around the world.