Responsible for development and production of studio content and/or on-site live sports broadcasts . Works daily with the Director of Event Production, internal and external colleagues, as well as various business partners. Involved in both short-range and long-range content strategy and planning of the Event Production content. Communicates daily expectations and delivers feedback to talent and staff. Will oversee and manage direct reports Responsibilities will include related operational tasks and assignments.
• Develops, enhances, and advances specific story ideas and concepts both in daily productions and for long term planning. Understands and executes ESPN Network content priorities in planning show rundowns and integrating with other ESPN platforms; regularly leads programming.
• Demonstrates strong understanding of live sports content and programming principals designed to drive ratings/usage performances across multiple ESPN platforms including digital properties and social media.
• Supervises the compiling and editing of materials necessary for production on both radio and television. Works in collaboration with colleagues on the Network in the development of compelling cross-promotional content. Ensures that the production adheres to format and procedural guidelines; supervises and tracks all in-program billboards and promotional announcements.
• Must have a strong understanding of how to operate related audio hardware, software, and facilities.
• Maintains thorough knowledge of relevant sports stories and newsmakers; books relevant guests for program appearances accordingly.
• Will assist in the recruitment and development of studio, play-by-play, and analyst talent.
• Will work with sales and marketing teams to insure placement of commercials and any relevant on-air promotional announcements.
• Provides creative and editorial guidelines to on-air commentators in order to enrich quality of programming.
• Must be very flexible with work schedule. Must be willing to travel to various events/remotes.
• Must have strong skills in the area of social media/listener engagement. Producer will develop overall social media strategy for Event Production.
• Although assigned specifically to Event Production, producer will also participate in meetings/directives from ESPN Audio Content Leadership as needed.
• Minimum six year's experience in sports network or local sports radio production.
• Experience with live sports (PxP) production is required.
• High School Diploma
• Undergraduate degree in communications preferred.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Contact the Employer
Please tell this employer that you found the listing at EntertainmentCareers.Net
Reference: ECNJOBID-74-120-248-213 in the application.
Website : http://www.espn.com
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Sports media assets include ESPN on ABC, six domestic cable television networks (ESPN, launched in 1979; ESPN2; ESPN Classic; ESPNEWS; ESPN Deportes; ESPNU), ESPN HD and ESPN2 HD (high-definition simulcast services of ESPN and ESPN2, respectively), ESPN Regional Television, ESPN International (31 international networks and syndication), ESPN Radio, ESPN.com, ESPN The Magazine, ESPN Enterprises, ESPN Zones (sports-themed restaurants licensed by ESPN), and other growing new businesses including ESPN360.com (Broadband), ESPN Mobile Properties (wireless), ESPN On Demand, ESPN Interactive and ESPN PPV. Based in Bristol, Ct., ESPN is 80 percent owned by ABC, Inc., which is an indirect subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company. The Hearst Corporation holds a 20 percent interest in ESPN.