CLIENT REFERENCE CODE: ******
Employer Networks is looking for passionate, talented and driven individuals with an eagerness to join the best and most dedicated in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment. Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant and timely news that is important to the local communities we serve.
WHAT IS EMPLOYER NETWORKS: Employer Networks is a growing organization, home of 27 Local News Channels nationwide and 9 Local/Regional Sports Channels, inclusive of 3 Los Angeles based Sports Networks. Employer Networks is the news and sports division of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR), the leading broadband communications company and the second-largest cable operator in the United States.
THE EMPLOYER NEWS ENVIRONMENT: Employer News is a 24-hour news network that requires employees be flexible and available to work various shifts throughout the day, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays. The network is currently focused on the morning news, which means your day will start in the middle of the night, but it also means your workday will end around noon (most days).
EMPLOYER NETWORKS EMPLOYEES ARE passionate and driven, and can thrive in a competitive, fast-paced and fiercely accurate 24-hour breaking news environment. They are creative and/or highly technical with a desire to leverage their knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories that enhance daily living within our local communities. They are nimble and learn quickly, enabling themselves to pivot when new information is acquired within an ever-changing newsroom. They are team players with positive attitudes and strong interpersonal skills. They have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR: Employer News is looking for talented individuasl that is passionate about creating News television. The Technical Director will support all live and taped studio based programming by operating in a variety of technical roles but focusing on Technical Directing and advanced workflow projects. The ideal candidate also has knowledge of the News industry. Experience working in a technical, live environment is required. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Displays proficient technical skills across all operating positions within the control room and adheres to high production standards.
* Supports Content and Production Operations by managing all clips, effects, and video files that relate to the production switcher and control room production
* In-depth knowledge and experience using broadcast switchers
* Acts professionally and as a positive force in the team environment.
* Significant attention to detail and ability to train others in job functions. Demonstrates continuous self-development to support team goals.
* Administrative duties include proper timecard entry, generating daily reports, and effectively communicating with management on a daily basis.
* Formulate creative solutions to problems. Uses broad application of established principles and theories. Gather information for decision making; know when to ask for help.
* Assists with breaking news coverage and last minute programming changes as necessary.
* Although the Technical Director will primarily focus on switching live shows, the candidate could also be assigned to work a variety of positions and projects including: Playback, Replay, Graphics Insertion, Teleprompter, Video Shading, Studio Camera and Audio Assist.
* Other technical duties, projects, and assignments assigned when necessary.
* Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
* Knowledge of studio-based production and post production techniques required.
* Positive, collaborative, and unselfish interpersonal skills with strong verbal, written communication skills, including the ability to effectively convey requests and ideas to editors, graphic and audio designers, talent, etc., are required.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Familiarity working with Dalet production workflow is a plus and an understanding of producing content in a highly automated environment
* Understanding of automated technical workflows is required.
* Strong understanding of the organizations goals and objectives.
* Willing and able to learn, understand, and grow with the business.
* Bachelors degree, 5 years practical training and experience in News TV production and strong News knowledge is preferred however the right combination of these will be considered.
* Team-oriented and highly collaborative environment.
* Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
* Flexible during times of change.
* Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
* Able to execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Desire to mentor and train less experienced/junior to mid-level employees.
* Proficiency in Word & Excel with basic math skills.
* Familiarity with graphics & editing programs is a plus.
* Good organizational and project coordination skills are necessary, including the ability to compile materials. Good problem solving skills and the ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities and time constraints.
* Willingness to work nights, weekend, flexible hours, work on location, etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: [insert minimal education & experience]:
* Bachelors degree preferred or 5 years experience, specialized training or 4 years additional experience may substitute for a degree
EMPLOYER NETWORKS believes every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication, openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn and grow, and an overall positive attitude. Roles may require the following:
* Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time
* Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
* Varying schedule as a result of changing production, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
* Dexterity of hands, fingers to operate computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other compute components
* Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and loss of staff members
* Participate in an established on-call rotation
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds at varying distances
JOB CODE : TWCNOP260 Technical Director 2 Nonexempt