NBC Universal, Inc.
Needham, MA, United States
Bilingual, Media, Journalism, Writing, Editing, Tv
Job Number 54168BR
Job Title Morning Executive Producer - Boston
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCOTS - NECN
Posting Category Production
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
• Minimum 5 years experience in newsgathering and/or production
• Minimum 5 years experience writing, producing and desktop editing
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Strong editorial judgment as well as the ability to respond and make decisions in a breaking news situation for coverage across multiple platforms.
• Team Player with a want-to-win attitude
• Experience in script approval, a working knowledge of laws as they relate to journalism and media--with strong editorial judgment
• Ability to lead the newsroom--offering feedback, both positive and negative, to help grow the team
• Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
• Innovative and creative thinker who will push to make necn’s local content the best in the market
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Needham, MA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must have a valid driver’s license (if applicable)
• Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week (if applicable)
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
• Prior experience in newsroom management
• Familiarity with the Boston DMA and surrounding New England highly desired
• Strength in producing live television, sustaining breaking news, and encouraging the team to abandon the rundown in favor of embracing live elements
• Strength in promotions, promo/tease-writing, identifying promotable opportunities
• Solid understanding of social media and leveraging it
• Ability to work collaboratively with other station departments to advance station initiatives
• Creative and flexible thinking – finding ways to present the news that may differ from the way newscasts are conventionally produced
• Bilingual in Spanish
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBC Universal, Inc.
Website : http://www.nbcuniversal.com