Hello! We are looking for a Senior Video Streaming Engineer to join the team at alecia.
As a Senior Video Streaming Engineer, your primary focus will be the development of cutting edge features and a one of a kind experience for users on our video streaming/shopping platform. You will be working along-side other engineers, developers and designers, collaborating on the continual development and support of the platform.
* Innovate, research and build new streaming features
* Design, build, and maintain a high performance streaming platform
* Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the streaming experience
* Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
* Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
* Good understanding of HTML5 based video playback technologies including MSE and EME
* Knowledge of media streaming protocols, codecs, and transports/container formats (i.e., MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, AAC, AC3, MP4, MPEG-2 TS, etc)
* Exposure to adaptive streaming technologies such as HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), DASH
* Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills using network analysis tools such as WireShark
* Broad scripting experience (Bash, Perl, Python) is a bonus
* Strong programming skills in C/C is a bonus
More Bonus Points if you have
* 5 years of software development experience
* 2 years of experience in video technologies
As well as the technical knowledge, youll also:
* Remain up to date with state-of-the-art developments in your software field and share your knowledge with the wider team.
* Be confident keeping projects on track through strong personal project management skills, collaboration and supporting other team members.
* Support colleagues (teaching, coaching, line managing, mentoring, reviewing and improving code).
This is an *in house position only*.
Relocation to Nashville, TN will be mandatory.
* Video Streaming: 3 years (Required)
What We Offer You
* An opportunity to work on a highly-visible, technically advanced project with a great team.
* Performance-related bonuses.
* Competitive salary, based on experience.
* 24 Paid Days Off A Year (thats 3.5 weeks of PTO)
* Full Health Dental Vision
* Work in a fun, creative office
* Opportunity to get in on the ground floor with a fast growing startup
* Huge potential to grow within the company
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?