NBC Universal, Inc.
Newton, MA, United States
It, Engineering, Radio, Tv, Sciences
Job Number 50718BR
Job Title Broadcast Engineer
Business Segment Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Sub-Business NBCUOTS - TLM WNEU
Posting Category Technology & Engineering
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline desirable.
• Minimum of two years of broadcast/media facility experience, preferably in a modern high definition environment.
• Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Server Platforms.
• Significant experience working with TCP/IP networking and other associated computer networking technologies.
• Working knowledge of control room, non-linear editing, IT, ENG, studio, and remote technologies and systems.
• Familiarity with audio and video signal measurement equipment, standards, and practices.
• Experience working with terrestrial and satellite RF transmission and reception technologies.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Needham/Newton, MA area.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Excellent people skills with the ability to effectively address, manage, and resolve the concerns of co-workers and peers.
• Ability to function efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision.
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities.
• Experience with the operation and administration of cutting edge file based media workflows and advanced electronic newsroom automation technologies and techniques.
• Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve complex logical and technical problems.
• Advanced understanding of modern broadcast television equipment and methodologies.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBC Universal, Inc.
Website : http://www.nbcuniversal.com
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is owned by Comcast Corporation.