CLIENT REFERENCE CODE: ******
Employer Networks is looking for passionate, talented and driven individuals with an eagerness to join the best and most dedicated in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment. Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant and timely news that is important to the local communities we serve.
WHAT IS EMPLOYER NETWORKS: Employer Networks is a growing organization, home of 27 Local News Channels nationwide and 9 Local/Regional Sports Channels, inclusive of 3 Los Angeles based Sports Networks. Employer Networks is the news and sports division of Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR), the leading broadband communications company and the second-largest cable operator in the United States.
THE EMPLOYER NEWS ENVIRONMENT: Employer News is a 24-hour news network that requires employees be flexible and available to work various shifts throughout the day, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays. The network is currently focused on the morning news, which means your day will start in the middle of the night, but it also means your workday will end around noon (most days).
EMPLOYER NETWORKS EMPLOYEES ARE passionate and driven, and can thrive in a competitive, fast-paced and fiercely accurate 24-hour breaking news environment. They are creative and/or highly technical with a desire to leverage their knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories that enhance daily living within our local communities. They are nimble and learn quickly, enabling themselves to pivot when new information is acquired within an ever-changing newsroom. They are team players with positive attitudes and strong interpersonal skills. They have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR: Employer News is looking for a talented individual that is passionate about creating News television. The Studio Operations Tech II will support all live and taped studio based programming by operating in a variety of technical roles. The ideal candidate has News knowledge. Experience working in a technical, live environment is required. Responsiblities include but are not limited to:
* Displays proficient technical skills across multiple key operating positions while adhering to high production standards.
* Supports Technical Directors during all live and pre-taped productions originating from the broadcast facility.
* Acts professionally and as a positive force in the team environment.
* Participates and leads some training programs and initiatives to create a stronger team environment.
* Administrative duties include proper timecard entry, generating daily reports and effectively communicating with management on a daily basis.
* Assists with breaking news coverage and last minute programming changes as necessary.
* Operates technical positions daily, such as: Video Shading, Audio, Audio Assist, Playback, Replay, Chyron, Camera and Robotic Camera positions during live events and/or studio productions as requested.
* Other technical duties and assignments as assigned.
* Knowledge of television production equipment and software is required.
* Knowledge of studio-based production and post production techniques required.
* Understanding of technical workflows is required.
* Positive, collaborative and unselfish interpersonal skills with strong verbal, written communication skills, including the ability to effectively convey requests and ideas to editors, graphic and audio designers, talent, etc., are required.
* Familiarity working with Dalet production workflow is a plus.
* Strong understanding of the organizations goals and objectives.
* Must be willing and able to learn, understand, and grow with the business.
* Team-oriented in a highly collaborative environment.
* Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
* Flexible during times of change.
* Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
* Able to execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Proficiency in Word & Excel with basic math skills.
* Familiarity with graphics & editing programs is a plus.
* Good organizational and project coordination skills are necessary, including the ability to compile materials.
* Good problem solving skills and the ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities and time constraints.
* Willingness to work early mornings, nights, weekends, flexible hours, on location, etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
College diploma or university degree in the field of Communications, Broadcasting, Radio/TV/Film, Engineering and/or a minimum 3-5 years equivalent work experience.
EMPLOYER NETWORKS believes every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication, openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn and grow, and an overall positive attitude. Roles may require the following:
* Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time
* Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
* Varying schedule as a result of changing production, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
* Dexterity of hands, fingers to operate computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other compute components
* Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and loss of staff members
* Participate in an established on-call rotation
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds at varying distances
JOB CODE : TWCNOP230 Operator 2, Programming Ops Nonexempt
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?