Do you want to co-anchor and report in one of the most competitive markets in the country? WLWT -TV, the Hearst-owned NBC affiliate in Cincinnati is searching for a Weekend Morning Anchor / Reporter. Candidates should have the credibility, poise and personality to be the face of our weekend morning news and be ready to head out into the field and report on the big story of the day. Candidates should be able to bring the energy of live reporting to our anchor desk. We want someone who owns the anchor desk on the weekends and owns breaking news during the week, both on TV and on digital. We are looking for a versatile, enterprising self-starter who is fast, efficient, works well under tight deadlines, can develop sources, and has excellent live reporting skills.
• Work with producer, desk, meteorologist, management and production team to deliver a fast paced, informative and consistent morning show Saturdays and Sundays.
• Work as a general assignment reporter three days during the week
• Contribute to various station-branded digital platforms throughout the week and weekend mornings
• Put stories together for weekend evening shows as needed
• Coordinate with news managers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content
• Develop a network of sources who provide tips and allow the reporter to break stories of significance.
• Can juggle multiple stories and projects at once, demonstrates exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure.
• Use ENPS and other newsroom systems to write, edit and communicate with coworkers
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Work varied shifts
- holidays and weekends included.
• Experience reporting/anchoring in medium to large market (2-5 years) preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
**** in the application.