Turner Broadcasting System, Inc
Associate Producer, Video - CNN
Washington, United States
Req ID: 163566
CNN's digital video team creates original video content for all of CNN's digital platforms, with a particular focus on mobile devices. We write, produce, shoot and edit, working collaboratively across the organization.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
- Associate Producers create video content in a fast-paced environment for all of CNN's digital platforms
- APs help identify compelling video from a variety of sources, pitch story ideas to editorial leadership and have the opportunity to learn more about digital storytelling in the studio and in the field
- APs also work with colleagues from across CNN Digital's editorial operations in Washington D.C., New York, Atlanta, London, Hong Kong and around the world
What will you be doing?
- Writing, producing, shooting and editing video for all digital platforms, with a focus on political content
-Assisting producers with creation of new video content and revising existing content
- Researching and screening archival video
- Taking part in creative brainstorming and generating story ideas
- Coordinating with experts and resources outside of CNN
- Completing production workflow and technical tasks within CNN systems
What do we need from you?
- 1-2 years of experience working on video production in a professional news environment
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- Solid news writing and judgment a must
- Strong interest in politics and government news
- Familiarity with digital video and social media platforms
- Bachelor's degree in journalism and/or video production, or relevant work experience
- Work schedule flexibility. Must be able to work AM, PM, weekend and holiday shifts
But wait, there's more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Turner's portfolio has more than 100 of the most recognizable brands and compelling content in more than 200 countries, including a blend of entertainment, news, animation, young adult and sports media and multiplatform brand extensions. After more than 45 years since it first took on the broadcasting industry, Turner is still leading change and shaping the entertainment landscape to create engaging content and experiences for consumers around the world.