Reports to Job Title:
Group Creative Director
You are a film-making machine - capable of shooting, directing, lighting, sound-recording, editing, and animating motion graphics to create polished, professional video content of all types, with an artful eye. You are always staying current with cinematic, editorial and technological trends in broadcast, digital video, and social media.
Discover Los Angeles is looking for smart, collaborative creatives who are passionate about making inspiring, beautiful, award-winning work. Los Angeles, the creative capital of the world, is our brand - and we represent it to visitors around the globe. We're building a new in-house creative agency and now is an exciting time to join us.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
are listed in order of importance:
1. Produce/shoot/edit video content in the field (premium video, interviews, live streaming, social content, internal videos, sales videos, etc.) 40%
2. Work closely with the creative team to develop original video content that fits the brand 10%
3. Assist in the creation of video concept and story 20%
4. Develop new, engaging video formats for site and social networks 10%
5. Take ownership of delivering all videos on time and on budget 10%
6. Properly store, catalog, manage all video and audio assets 5%
7. Perform other duties as assigned. 5%
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's Degree required and a minimum of 4 years' experience (at least 2 years online) shooting and editing video.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. 4 years (at least 2 years online) experience shooting and editing video
2. Bachelor's degree in film or video preferred
3. Experience in the digital and social video space
4. Able to work independently under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
5. Ability to shoot and edit video for digital platforms
6. A track record in delivering content on time and on budget
7. Experience working with camera, audio and lighting equipment
8. Knowledge of various tools of the trade (content management systems, photo, video and audio editing software)
9. Excellent writing, interviewing, copy and image editing skills
10. Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
11. Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and other video software
12. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) and other visual design tools
13. Team player with strong communication and presentation skills
14. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Outlook PowerPoint)
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] , noting the position title in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual submission and cannot accept phone inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you.