CLIENT REFERENCE CODE: ******
EMPLOYER NETWORKS IS LOOKING FOR passionate, talented and driven individuals with an eagerness to join the best and most dedicated in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment. Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant and timely news that is important to the local communities we serve.
WHAT IS EMPLOYER NETWORKS: Employer Networks is a growing organization, home of 27 Local News Channels nationwide and 9 Local/Regional Sports Channels, inclusive of 3 Los Angeles based Sports Networks. Employer Networks is the news and sports division of Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR), the leading broadband communications company and the second-largest cable operator in the United States.
THE EMPLOYER NEWS ENVIRONMENT: Employer News is a 24-hour breaking news network that requires employees be flexible and available to work various shifts throughout the day, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays. The network is currently focused on the morning news, which means your day will start in the middle of the night, but it also means your workday will end around noon (most days).
EMPLOYER NETWORKS EMPLOYEES ARE passionate and driven, and can thrive in a competitive, fast-paced and fiercely accurate 24-hour breaking news environment. They are creative and/or highly technical with a desire to leverage their knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories that enhance daily living within our local communities. They are nimble and learn quickly, enabling themselves to pivot when new information is acquired within an ever-changing newsroom. They are team players with positive attitudes and strong interpersonal skills. They have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
WHAT WERE LOOKING for an Executive Producer to be responsibilities for newsroom staff and station personnel working on newscasts with particular emphasis on Producers, Associate Producers, Reporters, Multi-media Journalists, and News Photographers, ensuring the departments staffing and assignment needs are met. Major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Solve the challenges that come with dynamic news coverage
* Develop backups for critical coverage
* Oversee decisions on story lineup, video/audio elements, graphics and timing to construct a show
* Work with Producers to create the newscast product
* May fill in for Producers as needed
* Produce special programming as needed
* Perform writing, editing and digitizing functions as needed
* Generate story and coverage ideas on a daily and long-term basis
* Handles shift scheduling and approves paid time off when applicable
* Follow through on all assignments meeting required deadlines
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
* Proficient at inspiring staff to attain station goals of creativity, urgency and accuracy
* Ability to work effectively within a team environment and interact with all personnel within the organization
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Must be able to work rapidly and accurately
* Ability to anticipate situations, meet strict deadlines, organize and manage multiple priorities
* Knowledge of current events and industry trends
* Pro-active with demonstrated enthusiasm in dealing with breaking news and high-stress situations
* Ability to effectively train others
* Basic editing skills
* Must adhere to attendance guidelines
* Must be able and willing to work different shifts and be flexible with schedule changes
* Working knowledge of general office computer software, newsroom software and basic non-linear editing systems preferred
Education & Experience:
Bachelors degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred or comparable television work experience; 5 years producing and executive producing experience; 2 years 3 years News management experience.
Employer Networks believes every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication, openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn and grow, and an overall positive attitude. Roles may require the following:
* Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time
* Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
* Varying schedule as a result of changing production, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
* Dexterity of hands, fingers to operate computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other compute components
* Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and loss of staff members
* Participate in an established on-call rotation
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds at varying distances
* Local travel up to X% in company car and may require additional trips
JOB CODE : TWCNPR540 Mgr, Executive Producer Exempt
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?