The FiveThirtyEight Politics Editor will join a team of other Editors to assign and edit articles from staff writers, visual journalists and freelancers. The Editor's principal duty will be coordinating the site's election coverage for 2018 and 2020, which ranges from breaking news to features to major enterprise projects. Our stories are grounded in data and empirical evidence. The Editor should be comfortable both with statistics and with translating them for a broad audience. The Editor will also be called on to help out with breaking news and non-politics stories.
• Help conceive, assign and edit articles and features about the 2018 and 202 elections.
• Manage a group of staff writers and freelancers.
• Work with the editing and interactive staff to develop and edit major projects.
• Work with graphic editors, as well as audio and video producers.
• Consult with other senior editing staff about FiveThirtyEight's overall editorial direction.
• Five years of experience in print or digital journalism, at least half of which has been as an Editor.
• Experience editing politics news.
• Familiarity with polls, quantitative journalism and data.
• Experience managing and evaluating staff members' performance.
• Seven to ten years of experience in print and digital journalism, including five years as an editor, at a recognized national or regional publication or website.
• Demonstrated expertise in editing election news and features, along with several major projects, with an emphasis on polls and/or quantitative journalism.
• Experience managing and evaluating staff members.
• Bachelor's Degree
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Internet Ventures, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Internet Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Contact the Employer
Please tell this employer that you found the listing at EntertainmentCareers.Net
Reference: ECNJOBID-74-120-248-213 in the application.
Website : http://www.espn.com
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Sports media assets include ESPN on ABC, six domestic cable television networks (ESPN, launched in 1979; ESPN2; ESPN Classic; ESPNEWS; ESPN Deportes; ESPNU), ESPN HD and ESPN2 HD (high-definition simulcast services of ESPN and ESPN2, respectively), ESPN Regional Television, ESPN International (31 international networks and syndication), ESPN Radio, ESPN.com, ESPN The Magazine, ESPN Enterprises, ESPN Zones (sports-themed restaurants licensed by ESPN), and other growing new businesses including ESPN360.com (Broadband), ESPN Mobile Properties (wireless), ESPN On Demand, ESPN Interactive and ESPN PPV. Based in Bristol, Ct., ESPN is 80 percent owned by ABC, Inc., which is an indirect subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company. The Hearst Corporation holds a 20 percent interest in ESPN.