The Network Engineering Lead is a strategic partner to the business and oversees the engineering design for all HBOs network technologies. This includes supporting mission-critical systems for creation, management and delivery of high-definition movie-based content utilizing latest, state-of-the-art broadcast and computer technologies for the HBO Studio and Broadcast Operations Group. He/she provides strategic direction in networking technologies. He/she mentors/leads staff and provides general systems administration support. This position is based out of HBO's Studio located in NYC.
* Provides expert level technical leadership for all of HBO's data networks extending to all HBO locations, including HBO Studio, HBO Communications Center, HBO Midtown/Grace, Atlanta, Santa Monica & various disaster recovery as needed
* Maintains the operational stability of the network by providing support for all dependent organizations; possesses commitment toward break/fix
* Assumes network governance for a particular location (NYC, Hauppauge) and serves as go to for all related initiatives.
* Lead networking expert for next-generation (Hyperscale, SDN, Spine/Leaf) network products including reviewing and approving product development initiatives and establishing priorities
* Responsible for the cross-platform analysis, design, build & implementation for HBOs engineering network and network technologies in a self-motivated manner, consistent with all project deliverables
* Assists management with building the networking relationship of HBO Studio and Broadcast Operations Group and computer vendors to benchmark and refine solutions, with specialty in networking technologies
* Assists with all exterior circuit management, including termination points and vendor relationships
* Demonstrates ability/will to implement a next-generation, software-defined network that supports a highly differentiated set of network services for all technology services across the enterprise
* Collaborate with all business and technical stakeholders & Project Management team providing advice and assistance to coordinate and operationalize the integrated strategic and operational plans for innovative technologies, methodologies and processes
* Participate in developing Strategic Roadmap for the advancement of Next Generation Infrastructure
* Demonstrates mastery level of all Cisco networking equipment including Cisco Catalyst, Cisco Switches, UCS, NX-OS, VPC over 10/25/40/100 GB networks
* Extensive experience with campus network design, configuration and troubleshooting. Experience with inter-campus connectivity and integration
* Operating Systems: experience in Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 and Sun Solaris 10. Linux-based operating systems a plus.
* Cisco certification, required
Additional Skills Required
* College degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
* Candidate must have 8 years' experience in supporting networks, servers and storage in a corporate environment.
* Possesses exceptional troubleshooting skills
* Self-motivation and ability to work autonomously
* Capable of setting priority for multiple efforts
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
* Ability to develop strategies with outside vendor solution providers
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
* Position requires splitting time between all HBO locations
* Position requires after hours support and travel
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.