Careers Center | National Sales Assistant
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to for a job.
National Sales Assistant
1 month ago
(3/5/2018 8:17 PM)
The National Sales Assistant provides sales support to the WQAD Sales Management Team as well as National & Local Sales Reps to maximize revenue and achieve department goals. Provides assistance to management daily as needed to ensure the smooth operation of the departments.
• Assist in maximizing revenues by processing and maintaining orders, order entry, make goods, resolving discrepancies and communicating with account executives, agencies and clients
• Identify suitable make good areas based on inventory, rates and ratings
• Answer incoming calls for sales managers in a professional and positive manner
• Proactive in seeking out additional duties from sales managers and/or other members of sales team
• Assist in preparation of sales presentations
• Pull daily revenue reports
• Maintain account files
• Process contracts, credit information, payments, political forms and maintain accurate records
• Work with Accounting Department on correct billing and claims reconciliation
• Treat all co-workers with proper manners and respect. Establish as an asset to the entire team
• All other duties as assigned by Sales Management
• Works on a day-to-day basis with station sales management, sales staff, traffic, programming, promotions and business departments to ensure station business is booked and airing properly
• Attention to posting needs of clients
• Maintain weekly posting spreadsheets
• Inputting UD schedules and maintaining running totals of posts
• Assisting with promotional schedules
• Pred working knowledge of television business, ratings, traffic, general practices and vocabulary
• Pred minimum of 3 years experience in TV sales industry
• Pred ability to understand demographic ratings, inventory, rate structure and make good process
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Additional Computer skills a plus: Wide Orbit, Media Line and other processing systems
• Possess outstanding organizational and communication skills and have the ability to work well under pressure
• Self-motivated and meet deadlines
• Able to handle busy phones, multi-task and have a positive attitude
• Proficient in numbers, basic math, percentages
• Valid driver’s license
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION:
Send a resume to Dan Englund, Director of Sales at WQAD-TV, 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, Illinois 61265-6061 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Website : http://www.tribune.com
Tribune is one of the country’s leading multimedia companies, operating businesses in publishing, digital and broadcasting. In publishing, Tribune’s leading daily newspapers include the Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, The Baltimore Sun, Sun Sentinel (South Florida), Orlando Sentinel, Hartford Courant, The Morning Call and Daily Press. The company’s broadcasting group operates 23 television stations, WGN America on national cable and Chicago’s WGN-AM. Popular news and information websites complement Tribune’s print and broadcast properties and extend the company’s nationwide audience.